Anne's Fashion Tips: Colors Which Don't Go Together, Yo


I was inspired to post this because I saw a picutre of a broad online recently (it may have been Kanye West's late mother) with a brown and yellow suit on, which--as if I need to spell it out-- conjures up nothing but Poop and Pee. Grey and brown is tempting, I realize, because to most men (and most men are colorblind) it's close enough, but, no, it's not. Not even close to close enough (brown is warm, grey is cool, get over it).
Finally, pink and red, well, there's nothing more than I ever wanted to do as my six year old self but bound out of the house for gymnastics class in pink tights and a red leotard-- to my mother's chargrin, I might add. Something about it the combination I loved and still love, but I realize it's wrong. Perhaps what I love about it is that it's wrong. At least it conjures up visions of cotton candy and candied apples instead of the aforementioned.

0 comments:
Post a Comment